Subject and Speaker to be Announced
The gathering will be Thursday October 4 2018
Our Special Evening Agenda:
- 6 PM: Israeli/Jewish dance instructionSample the Steps and Music.
- We hope for return of Geneology Corner, and of Daniel Smith's display
- Jewish cultural music led by Julie Gardner.
- Noshing at about 6:30 PM. Jewish/American variety pot luck while we kibitz with old and new friends. (See recipes)
- About 7:15 PM: The special presentation - Inspiration about the connection between Judaism the foundation and Mormonism the continuation.
- At the end, testimonies will be invited.
- Communal cleanup and put away. We must be out by 9:45 PM.
Bring food for the Potluck ! Jewish food if you are inclined... Recipes...:
Of course you don't have to bring Jewish food - or any at all - we just want you to come, feel the love, and get the inspiration - but if you want to try it.... Recipes for Jewish food
Please come ready to help make the evening run smoothly... How to help...
We'll need help in setting up tables, chairs, food in a hurry. Most of the board will be doing specifics as well as greeting people.
If some of you will be table helpers (making sure everpyone has water, etc.) we'd be thankful.
After we nosh - before the talk - we must clear the tables in a hurry. Oh yes, there is the garbage. Please be ready to help with all aspect of that.
At the end, we must have help putting away tables, chairs, getting things back to the appropriate (marked) rooms and locations. Finally, cleaning up in respect for the use of the building!!
Daniel Smith's Display of Ancient High Priest attire
Daniel Smith will display his replica of the clothing of the ancient high priest. The outfit was hand-loomed, and includes the breastplate with 12 engraved stones, the ephod, the golden crown, and other pieces of clothing as described in Exodus 28. The replica is one of only a handful in the United States that is actually hand-loomed.
Please find the Donate button on the front page; your contribution helps.